Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blessings from Above

Today, one month and two day after Ryan worked his last day on the family farm he is starting work for a Nation-wide corporation.  God is just so amazing and sometimes it takes us having to completely 100% be willing to trust Him for us to see that. Before we journey down here to PA we saved for a while to be able to live while looking for new jobs. We were thinking that it would take at least a few months to accomplish finding employment. Well back to our amazing God, it took less than a month for both Ryan and I to find jobs. The really cool thing about Ryan's job, he applied to work in a warehouse, not really a fun job but it was a job. He goes in for his interview and the interviewer read his resume and said do you think that you could use your mechanical experience to fix our forklifts. Ryan, having experience working on skid steers, a similar machine said yes. So the Lord not only blesses him with a job that he will enjoy but this job pays $2.00 and hour more that the job he applied for. So wonderful knowing that we are in the care of God almighty and He truly loves and cares for us and our needs and sometimes even our wants.

So here is the story of the job that I got hired for.
Ryan and I were talking and just praying about jobs before he was hired and decided that if we found a job that looked interesting to me that I should go ahead and apply for it. So I was looking in the local newspaper and I found a job for a Healthcare Call Center helping people with medical coverage and medical questions. I though "oh that sounds interesting". So I went to apply and all I did was upload them my resume and didn't really think much about. Then the next morning I got a call from the company and they wanted me to do an assessment for the job so I did that right from home. Very easy!  The following day I got a call from the company saying that I did well on the assessment and that I could come in that afternoon (Friday) or Monday to register for my new job. So amazing how that just works out and the only one who can have credit for something to work out that well is once again God Almighty!

Okay, now rewind 4 months to October, I had been blessed with a government job for four years and and really enjoyed caring for Veterans and with that came a nice pay check.  Ryan enjoyed working with his brothers and dad on the family dairy farm and with that we were blessed with a home to live in and he work for the rent and also got paid. We had all the milk we needed and beef, and we had chickens so we had a nice supply of eggs as well. We had a huge garden and a pond filled with ducks. so we were abundantly blessed with all that we needed and more. Many people said as we were leaving , why would you leave this life, the American dream, nice house, two car garage,  Ruthie our golden retriever for a tiny house we have to pay rent to live in, no jobs, no family, only a few friends.

Numbers 32:11
Surely none of the men who came up out of Egypt, from twenty years old and upward, shall see the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, because they have not wholly followed me

Well that was a good question and there were times if I'm honest I did not want to leave!  But being here and fully in the Lords care, it is the most wonderful thing in the world to experience complete reliance on God, His care and provision. It has been less than a month and a really sweet couple from our church have given us eggs. Our pastor gave us milk, we have been blessed with having many friends invite us into their homes for a meal and my dear friend came to visit from Maine and my mom sent her with many goodies for us. My mother has blessed us by sending us care packages, Ryan mom has done the same. We have got letters of encouragement from home from our Maine church family. Friend we are just so blessed!!  I encourage you to let go and let God just lead your life to where He would have you go. It is such a wonderful experience.


Mark 8:34
And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.


~Chelsea




No comments:

Post a Comment