Psalm 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the Lord and HE will give you the desires of your heart."
Just the other day I found a list of all the things that I wanted in the man I married. Notice the I wanted, not what God wanted me to have. Mind you this list was made in 7th grade7 -8 years ago. I had on the list that this man had to have a red truck (what a foolish one), hunter, outdoorsy, handsome ect. Now 6 years later I am told who I should marry by my very wise brother. There were no complaints to be found except the ones I had. I wanted someone who could fix my car, I thought Ryan {my husband} to be incompitent in mechanic situations, I wanted someone that could build things {also pretty sure Ryan was all that good in this catagory either}. However, it seems that it was God's will for me to marry Ryan. I fell deeply in love and decided that all the things that were not quite up to par would not make that much difference. BUT God knew the desires of my heart, turns out Ryan can fix most anything wrong with my car & change the oil -I hate going to the garage- he can build things, he has that red truck too. God really does care about his children and the desires of their heart. WE are so blessed to have such a loving heavenly father!
You make me giggle. It is amazing what our men can do when they want to please us! So thankful that God loves us so much that He shows Himself in even the "little" things. ;) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteim pretty sure you got everything on your list! :) thats funny! i am SO thankful that God gave you to ryan! your the best thing that ever happened to him! and im VERY thankful that your my sister! :D
ReplyDelete