Saturday, February 26, 2011

dating... is it a good idea?

SO I was just thinking this morning about my dating exprenice. If you can even call it dating. I always said that I never wanted to date because I think that it is a terrible way to get to know if someone is suitable to be your mate for life.  When anyone goes out on a date, the first thing they usually do is make themselves look their best, unfortunatly in our society to day the usually means finding a revealing outfit. Their also on their best behavior, making an effort to impress you. So my question is, do you truly see what you getting into?

I think that spending time with an intrest in a group is much better. It is safe, especially if you do not know the person, but you will see them with their guard down too. Maybe get a more who they are view. This would also make it easier to end the realtionsip because you would just have being friends to deal with not anything more complex.

I married a close friend. Best choice I  could have made. I knew him very well because I spent time with him in a group setting, spending time with his family. { This way I knew how wonderful my inlaws would be , rather than ending up with not so great ones}. My family also spent time with him, and learned that he was a good upstanding man, this allowed a marriage to happen very easily.

So the moral of the blog think before you date some yahoo that you really don't know. Do some group stuff, spend time with him & your family. Don't just go to the movies and let him off the hook easily.

1 comment:

  1. Well said my dear! Not many people would agree with you but I wholeheartedly agree, there are safety in numbers and they keep you more accountable. They will be quick to point out things you may overlook as well. True friends will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. I may be biased but I think you made a wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete